Thank you very much to Martha Mother for my nomination. I’m very honoured to be nominated for such a prestigious award!
The Liebster Award is all about getting to know other bloggers so please pop over and check her blog out. It is a really fantastic blog and you’ll have a blast reading it.
Martha Mother has set me these questions:
1. Where is your favourite place in the world?
That’s a toughie. I have visited so many amazing places in the world but I’m stuck between Cuba and Bali as my favourite. Both beautiful countries with such wonderful, welcoming people. Both countries I would go back to tomorrow. Bali holds special memories for us though as it’s where we honeymooned.
2. How would you describe your blog in 5 words?
The madness of my family!
3. Is where you are now with your life, where you planned it to be 5 years ago?
I wanted my family complete before I turned 30 so in that aspect I’m where I planned but I hoped to have progressed a bit further with my career. Due to a crappy company plus an additional maternity leave that I hadn’t bargained on, I’m still in the same role I started in 9 years ago.
4. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
This is a really tough question. My husband always tells me I’m useless at noticing and accepting compliments so that might be why I’m struggling to think of any.
5. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Who is this breathing all over my face? My eldest had crept into bed next to me after hubby had left for work. As much as I love him, it was a bit early for that!
6. Do you have a favourite post of your own? If so what is it about and why?
I love this piece I wrote about my difficult decision on returning to work after maternity leave. It’s a massive decision that I need to make over the next few months and I’m so, so torn.
7. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
I think I’d like to be 21 again and remake my career choice. I had a teacher training place and foolishly turned it down for a job. Really wishing I’d trained as a teacher now. I’d also love to be able to go out with hubby every night of the week without having to worry about babysitters and bills!
8. Where do you go to work on your computer?
I mostly work on my lap in the front room either while supervising play time or while hubby is having a PlayStation session!
We bought a new house 18 months ago before we found out I was pregnant. I had the box room earmarked as a study. It now houses a child and all their associated mess instead of my laptop!
9. Do you have a favourite book or read much? Why or why not?
I love reading and before children used to easily demolish a book a week. I don’t have so much time for reading now unfortunately.
I love P.S I Love You by Cecelia Ahern and The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon.
10. What did you do for your last birthday?
My last birthday was a biggie. On the actual day I just went out for dinner with my family as it’s also my Dad’s birthday the same day. To celebrate my birthday properly hubby took me away for 2 days to Alton Towers and the Splash Landing waterpark. It was adults only and we had a fab time.
11. What do you feel most proud of?
Boring I know but, it’s my kids! I brought 4 amazing little people into this world and they are perfect. They make me so proud ever day as they learn and grow.
Apologies if you’ve already done it. I did have a nosey to see if you’d done it before!
Here are the rules for all those taking part:
1. Acknowledge and thank the person that nominated you.
2. Use an award image to add to the post.
3. Answer 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate up to 11 blogs
5. Don’t forget to let them know!
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
My questions for you are:
1. What’s your blog all about?
2. If you could interview one famous person for your blog, who would it be?
3. What’s your greatest achievement?
4. How do you spend your weekends?
5. What’s your favourite day of the week and why?
6. Where’s your ultimate holiday destination?
7. Who would be your 3 perfect dinner party guests?
8. What’s your favourite song and why?
9. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
11. Why did you start blogging?